The roles played by Kelantan Public Library Corporation are as follows:
- Prepare and manage the same reading materials available for loan or reference to the local population.
- Cultivate an interest in reading, tap and nurture talent residents to become citizens of the habit of reading, innovative, creative and productive.
- Lead in the development of libraries & librarianship at the state level.
- Intellectual heritage preservation repository state.
- Enhance library services.
- Improve service delivery through ICT.
- Provide programs that contribute to the development and collection of information.